In addition to the standard proofreading I normally offer this service focuses on making the content more understandable. It removes unnecessary jargon and overly technical terms (where appropriate). This will not only make the document clearer and concise, but will also make it accessible for a less technical audience.
This service is ideal for any document with a complicated subject matter, where the reader might not be familiar with the concepts being used. The focus of this service is to make sure that the document makes the best use of the English language, to enable you to communicate clearly and concisely to the reader. This entails removing any distractions such as convoluted sentence structures, ambiguity or unnecessary jargon.
You should consider this service if:
- Your document is heavy going even for a qualified reader
- The concepts explained might be difficult to grasp
- It is important that the reader understands the point you are making
- The reader might be easily overwhelmed by the technical detail
- You are trying to explain something technical to a non-technical reader
Not only does this make life easier for the reader, but it helps you communicate your ideas better.
This service includes the following:
- Checks spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Checks for inconsistencies, contradictions and omissions
- Makes text sound more English if written by a non-native English speaker
- Removes unnecessary jargon
- Breaks down overly complicated grammatical structures
- Checks for logical document structure, and that paragraphs are not overloaded with concepts
- Makes alternative suggestions for ambiguous, confusing or overused words
- Final proofreading of document after the author has made amendments
Get a quote
If you would like a quote, please either use my contact form, or email me directly. I am also happy to discuss your requirements over the phone. You can also book my services in advance in order to ensure my availability.